Sunday, January 2, 2011

My first attempt(s) at a Sunday color ZOMBY!!!

Hello, readers!

So far with ZOMBY!!!, I have concentrated exclusively upon the daily black-and-white panels because they offer the most comedic possibilities and also look best in this rather narrow blog format. But I wanted to try my hand at the full-color Sunday version as well.

Here's my first try.



Meh, right? So I tried again, this time using the existing artwork to make an actual comic sequence out of them. Here's how that turned out:

(NOTE: You may have to click on this in order to make it legible. Sorry.)

3 comments:

  1. The series one is great...love the Donald!

    What type font are you using? It's a little hard for me to read, very fine lines...could it be bolded? Of course, I really do need to get my eyeglass Rx updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, that IS bolded. The font is an issue I've been working on. I wanted something that had a semi-messy, hand-drawn look rather than being blocky and typeset. So far, that's the best I've been able to do. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the results, since as you say it is a bit tricky to read. Rest assured, I'm working on it. May try something new with tomorrow's cartoon.

    In the meantime, I suggest clicking on the individual cartoons to see them at full size, then using CTRL plus the + key to zoom in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: Starting tomorrow, I will begin using a bolder, clearer-looking font.

    ReplyDelete