Monday, February 24, 2014

I somehow sold a story to the Onion A.V. Club

See the picture in the lower right hand corner? That's my story!

Quick update: I managed to sell a story to my favorite entertainment website, The A.V. Club, aka the pop-culture-reviewing spinoff of the satirical newspaper The Onion. It's a goofy little item about child actor Mason Reese. While I realize this is a modest accomplishment indeed, I'm completely psyched about being in the AVC, a site which has been a heavy influence on this blog. Here's a link to the article. I hope you will enjoy it. This was so much fun to write, and I hope I get the chance to write more for them in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Somehow I failed to catch your byline yesterday, but I didn't miss it on today's article about the IMFDb. And, again, I'm sorry about the "Hey Joe" joke. I'm sure you've heard enough variations on that to last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come to sort of dread that song over the course of a lifetime... which is odd because it's the type of record I'd normally love. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
    2. You're quite welcome. Now we just need to see if they're interested in running a "Craig and Joe Watch Movies You've Actually Heard Of"-type column.

      Delete
    3. Thinking of doing some recycling perhaps? Those articles never really did get the eyeballs they deserved.

      Delete
    4. I've actually had cause to link to a couple of them several times in recent months. Heck, when you do a Google search for my name, our Top Secret! article shows up right there on the first page of results.

      Delete
    5. No shame in that. Better a movie review than an arrest record, right?

      Delete
    6. Indeed. And it proves that people are reading our work.

      Delete