Tuesday, May 6, 2014

This insane, reckless woman is my new hero



Goddess
Way back in April 2009, a 47-year-old Long Beach, California woman in a silver Toyota Scion led police on an utterly insane, hour-long, high-speed chase which spanned four different freeways and eventually led to her arrest on "a long list of charges." Shockingly, it took four years for the video of this event to reach its maximum potential, i.e. a mash-up with the ubiquitous "Turn Down for What" by DJ Snake & Lil Jon. This catchy number, which has already become an anthem for unapologetic destruction and stupidity, makes the perfect accompaniment to the truly mesmerizing news footage. Watch in awe and delight as she drives the wrong way down a highway at speeds approaching 100 mph. Cheer as she gets out of her car, while it's still moving, to briefly scream at the cops. Thrill to each totally unmotivated loop and about-face. While I absolutely do not recommend doing what this woman does (since people could have gotten hurt or killed), I absolutely endorse the take-no-prisoners, to-hell-with-everything attitude she displays in these moments. Keep in mind, this was all happening at about six in the morning. I'm still pretty groggy at that time of day myself, so I admire her energy. The creator of this video deems it a "fail," but I see plenty of "win" here. This woman is marriage material. Call me when -- or if -- you ever get out, hon.

No comments:

Post a Comment