|"Got more stories than JD's got Salinger": The reclusive author is the subject of a new documentary.|
|The last-surviving cartoon from the|
back of one of my Top 10 lists.
TOP 10 REVELATIONS ABOUT J.D. SALINGER FROM THE NEW DOCUMENTARY
10. The "J.D." stands for "Juvenile Delinquent." He thought it made him sound tough.
9. Killed a few hobos in the 1970s but got away with it because the cops couldn't find him.
8. Authored the entire Babysitters Club series and most of Goosebumps.
7. Had an intense, decades-long affair with Oscar the Grouch, but they could never legally marry.
6. Is writing this list now.
5. Put out a series of punk albums under the name "Psychobilly Sex Police" and had a brief hip-hop career as "Jay-Z Salinger."
4. Thought he held the world's record for eating the most marshmallows in a minute (37), but it didn't count because they were mini-marshmallows.
3. Wrote The Catcher in the Rye hoping it would someday be name-checked in Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire." In 1989, his dreams came true.
2. Iconic character Holden Caulfield was almost named "Holden McGroin."
And the number one revelation about J.D. Salinger from the new documentary Salinger...
1. Isn't dead, just hiding where no one will ever find him -- the Oprah Winfrey Network!
Good night, everybody! Drive safely!