Saturday, September 29, 2018

Exciting new venture: A 'Happy Days' podcast!

A new podcast for a classic show!

Happy Days was one of the seminal shows of my TV-addicted youth. My family and I tuned into new episodes every Tuesday night on ABC, and I caught up with the reruns, airing under the name Happy Days Again, in syndication. I also followed the spin-offs, like Mork & Mindy and Laverne & Shirley. Hell, I even tried to watch Joanie Loves Chachi and Fonz and the Happy Days Gang. Who didn't know Richie Cunningham, Arthur Fonzarelli, Ralph Malph, and the other denizens of 1950s Milwaukee? I can still remember being thrilled when Ronny Howard and Henry Winkler guest starred on Sesame Street.

So I quickly said yes when my cohost sked me to cohost a new Happy Days podcast. Our show is called These Days Are Ours, and we'll be going through the classic Garry Marshall-produced series episode by episode. In keeping with Happy Days tradition, new episodes of These Days Are Ours will be posted on Tuesdays. The first episode should be posted on October 2, 2018.

In the meantime, you can check out the show's official website and Twitter account.

UPDATE: Our first episode has been posted. Find it here.