Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Random cartoon time, gang!

For a while, there was an outbreak of mismatched hands in comic strips.Victims included Mark Trail and Wilbur Weston.

Happy day after Labor Day, everyone! And guess what? I have another backlog of comics and cartoons I want to delete off my hard drive, so I'm dumping them all into one big post here at Dead 2 Rights. Enjoy or don't. It's your call. Either way, after today, they're gonzo.

Let's light this candle.

We begin, as we always must, with Mary Worth. The Tommy story (or, rather, the latest of many Tommy stories) concluded a little over a week ago. But things have already started heating up again. Mary and her friend Toby have attended one of the infamous pool parties at the Charterstone condo complex where they live. The focus has been on one of their heretofore-unseen neighbors, cantankerous Mr. Wynter and his yappy little dog Bella.

Toby was wary about approaching Mr. Wynter at all, as depicted here:


Things went south immediately.


I also got to wondering how the muffins themselves were reacting to all this. Maybe they deserve a strip of their own.


So Mr. Wynter turned down Mary's muffins. A pity, too, because these were the good muffins. I mean, the really good muffins. Just look at Toby's face in panel one.


Here's a Mark Trail parody that I've somehow never run here, even though it's super old (February 2017). Still funny, though. At least I think so.


And here's a more recent Mark Trail parody. Mark's apparently back on the streets but just as randy as ever.


A recent bad guy from Mark Trail, meanwhile, reminded me of something else entirely.


You want some Garfield parodies? Yeah, I've got some of those. Here, for instance, is Jon Arbuckle as an extra on American Crime Story The Assassination of Gianni Versace.


And here's my rewrite of last Sunday's Garfield. Again, the focus is on the fashion-forward Jon Arbuckle.


Enough of that. How about some good old Family Circus? I decided to do another one of those panels in which I erase the family and just leave the background. In this case, I did it because I was baffled by how doors work in this universe. Some have tried to explain to me that the second door is a screen door. But what's the point of a screen door with no screen?


Here's a more direct Family Circus parody. Jeffy is a very depressed child. You would be, too.


Here's just an assortment of comics I thought could be improved by removing the punchline. And, by god, I think I was right in every single case.


Having some fun with a sad recent Rex Morgan, M.D. (Spoiler: The place really was closed for a funeral. RIP Millie. Your weird, wrinkly face was enjoyed.)


Rex Morgan has mainly been about two very minor supporting characters going on an extended road trip across America. But noteworthy stuff was happening on the home front as well. Like this:


I don't talk about Six Chix on this blog as much as I used to, but here's a Six Chix/La La Land mashup that definitely needed to happen.


I don't really talk about Masters of the Universe at all on this blog either, but it's another one of my interests. Here, I decided to have a little fun with Hordak and She-Ra. This was taken from artwork from a comic book, by the way. I just liked the way 'dak was hanging back, enjoying the moment.


Here's some more Masters stuff, specifically a parody of the Coppertone ad featuring Skeletor.


In what may very well be the comics find of the year, I have discovered a strong, persistent motif in Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids. See if you can spot it, too!


Let's end this with a couple of cartoons that aren't based on existing comic strips. Here's a little panel I created (out of clip art) for Svengoolie's recent airing of Son of Frankenstein.


And here, with all original artwork, is the failed pilot for a proposed series. Sorry, Gary. You were not to be.


And that's the end of this little roundup. Now to send all these comics down the garbage chute. Whee! Look at 'em go!!!!