Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Podcast Tuesday: "End of Days"

(from left) Lynda Goodfriend, Ted McGinley, Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Tom Bosley, Cathy Silvers, Erin Moran, Ellen Travolta,
Scott Baio, Marion Ross, and Francis Bey in the Happy Days finale.

When we started These Days Are Ours: A Happy Days Podcast in 2018, I honestly did not think we would make it through all eleven seasons and 255 episodes. I mean, that's a lot of Happy Days to get through. And it's not like I was an obsessive fan of the show, even though I watched it frequently as a kid and checked in with the reruns on Nick at Nite and MeTV occasionally as an adult.

I thought I'd tap out after a few seasons. We'd go from recording every week to every other week, then once a month, then once every few months, then not at all. And then, like with so many other things in my life, I'd just forget about it and pretend it never happened. That's the way I am with most things: enthusiastic at first but quick to lose interest.

And yet, here we are. My cohost and I have now watched and reviewed all episodes of Happy Days, including the two pilots. What now? All I can tell you is that the podcast is not over. One way or another, These Days Are Ours will continue its mission.

In the meantime, here's our review of "Passages," the two-part Happy Days finale from 1984. We'd be awfully pleased if you'd listen to it. In addition to reviewing the episode, we give our closing thoughts on Season 11.