Sunday, September 19, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: My Interview With Pumpkinhead!


Pumpkinhead graciously agreed to be interviewed for this article.
Although Pumpkinhead may not technically be an according-to-Hoyle "zombie," so to speak, he certainly understands the problems of the living impaired since this demon of vengeance spends his time between gigs buried in a cemetery plot waiting to be called into action yet again. After portraying the title character in Stan Winston's classic 1988 film, PH went on to appear in a 1994 straight-to-video sequel and two more made-for-TV films in 2006 and 2007, not to mention being immortalized in comic books, model kits, and action figures. I recently sat down to chat with this legend of horror cinema about his notorious past, his plans for the future, and other topics. I do hope you will enjoy this little interview.

WK: Wow, Pumpkinhead himself! So good to finally meet you. 
PH: Grrarrrggggh.... raaarrrgghhhh...  
I must say, you are looking very trim. Do you have any diet or exercise tips you'd like to share with my readers? 
Urrrraaaaaggghh... gaaahhhhhhhh... Atkins.... Raaaaaahhhrrr.... Tae Bo.... Gaaahhhrrrrr... 
I see, I see. Now let's talk a little about your movie career. How did you get started in the business? 
Well, it's interesting.... Grrrrrarrrgghhhh... Arrrnnnnggghhh... My agent at the time.... Urrrrarrrrrggghh... Mike Ovitz.... Guuurrrrrrarrrrrr...
Fascinating! So tell me, what's on the horizon? What does the future hold for Pumpkinhead? 
Aaaauuuurrrrr... hhhhrrooowwwwrrr.... (devours a small child)... Grrraarrrgghhh... Reality show... Urrrraaaaarrgghhhh....
Well, Pumpkinhead, I really haven't understood a single thing you've said, and to be honest you're scaring the crap out of me, so I'm going to run for my life if you don't mind. 
Grrrraarrrr....
So there you have it. Once again, I'd like to thank Pumpkinhead for taking the time to chat with me, and I wish him much success in the future.